By Rebecca Walton, MS/CCC-SLP
I played the game: Sneaky Snacky Squirrel in a therapy session to work on /s/ blends. Wow! This game was perfect for targeting /s/ blends in a less structured task.
Here are some of the words that you can use to target during the session:
- snacks (acorns)
- squeeze (the tweezer)
- stem (of the acorns)
- stump (where the acorns are placed)
- storm (the “wind” on the spinner)
- steal (the squirrel on the spinner that gets to steal from a friend)
- stuck (the acorn is stuck in the stump)
- skip (lost a turn on the spinner)
- spin (your turn to spin)
- stick (parts of the tree)
- strong storm
- sturdy tree
Talk with your child about how they need to use both of their sounds while they are playing the game.